100mg, Ghost Scene
Like Jello Thompson

100mg, Ghost Scene

100mg, Ghost Scene

Published: August 30, 2019 2 0 212
By: Jello Thompson, Columbia College Chicago
Hashtags: #after_effects #AfterEffects #compositing #Editing #Film #post_production #Production #Project #Shortfilm #VFX #Video

100mg (Short Film) is a story of a young woman's struggle with sleep deprivation causes her to question reality. This film was made within Columbia College Chicago's Cinema Art and Science Program. In this project, I put my very amateur VFX/Compositing skills to create a "Ghost". I had never done this before so it was a huge learning experience for me. A majority of knowledge of compositing and general After Effects work came from me experimenting. The result, after many passes of color correction and additional effects, is a product I am happy to champion as my own. Months later, when I was going through the projects I worked on the past year, I came across my "Ghost" scene and sought to create a VFX Breakdown of it. Going back through my files, I realized the improvements and streamlined process I could have done originally that would have helped initially when the project was due.

Tagged Teammates:

• Julian Hock-Beaty

Likers

Likaa Mohamad Jello Thompson