AIGA
Like Fila Bates

AIGA

AIGA

Published: April 21, 2019 0 0 160
By: Fila Bates, Columbia College Chicago
Hashtags: #Adobe #Art #Design #Drawing #GraphicDesign #graphicdesigncuration #GraphicDesigner #GraphicDesignGraphicandWebDesignGraphicDesignAdobeInDesignWebDesignWebsiteDesignWebAnalyticsWebHTML5WebAdobePhotoshopCS5AdobePremiereAdobePhotoshopA #graphicdesignproduction #Illustration #Illustrator #Photoshop

This project was designed for the AIGA Design Conference. I wanted to create an illustration using text in order to make the poster more dynamic in terms of aesthetics, the style of the text also adds a sense of dynamics and simplicity that blends the design together. The American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA) is a professional organization for design. Its members practice all forms of communication design, including graphic design, typography, interaction design, branding, and identity. The organization's aim is to be the standard bearer for professional ethics and practices for the design profession. There are currently over 22,000 members and 73 chapters, and more than 200 student groups around the United States. The objective of this project was to create a poster that represented AIGA. During this project, My first initial approach to this project was to research, I wanted to search and see what was already out there because it gave me insight into what has been done before, how was it done, what are the design elements, what design elements work and which ones don't work. and finally, can I simplify these designs in order to give the product a more simplistic and unified look. next, After I have researched and come up with a couple of ideas I then begin my process of sketching, I usually prefer to sketch simultaneously both traditionally by hand and digitally via the computer because I like to be able to sketch and render the piece all at the same time this allows me to visually see what works and what doesn't work with the overall design of the project and from there I can tweak the colors, typography, font, size, orientation, etc. After that, I began to arrange the text, set individual colors and get the overall text in the proper place. As I worked on this project I really didn't come across any challenges because my initial approach with researching and sketching helped me to flush out my idea and give me a clear picture of what the overall design was going to look like. In the end, the project turned out really well, I feel like I learned a lot about Design and it helped me improve myself as not only an artist but as a designer as well now I can design series more efficiently.