Bassline Killah
Like Dave Mcgonigal

Bassline Killah

Bassline Killah

Published: June 20, 2019 0 0 68
By: Dave Mcgonigal, Columbia College Chicago
Hashtags: #Audio #Music #music_composition #music_production #music_theory

I wrote this while attending Columbia in my last year. I would have like to spend more time cleaning it up, but I think people really liked the final mix regardless, mostly because of the sound design and composition, as well as the mix of audio.
I was inspired by a lot of the current EDM music that I see being released, but I wanted to stick to my roots and try and do something really creative with it, so it is a little unconventional, but overall I think that added a lot to it.
I learned a lot about stereo mixing and getting a really wide, loud master, as well as a lot about sound design. One of the key things for me on this project was to make something that sounded current, something that would make eyebrows raise. While I think that turned out really well, because of time constraints and limited resources I feel that the mix could have turned out a little better. Again though, it didn't seem to make a difference to my listeners, its probably the most well liked project I've finished to date.