Broken
Like Luiza Vale

Broken

Broken

Published: September 1, 2018 2 1 269
By: Luiza Vale, Columbia College Chicago
Hashtags: #Adobe #adobeaftereffects #adobecreative #adobecreativecloud #AdobeCreativeSuite #adobepre #AssessingCriticalThinking #Cinematography #directing #Editing #Film #producing #Project #Shortfilm #Team #Teamwork #teamwork_skills #Teamworkandcollaboration #TeamworkCollaboration #Video

My short “Broken”, written and directed by me, follows the premise of showing how some struggles cannot be identify at first glance, most, can lead to drastic endings. To achieve such, the camera was hand held to make the transitions smoother, so the copulation would come together as an everyday routine. While the song choice had the purpose of building more tension, creating more emotion and giving the scenes more value with the use of jump cuts.
Through the experience of developing two shorts and assisting in eight others, I became more aware of the aspects that need improvement and the ones that I thrive. Since my first step towards filmmaking was editing, I have become more experience in that task. With more than 5 years of practice, I am more comfortable when experimenting with different cuts and beats, and am also able to create post-production coloring.

Likers

Ashley Hyman Dirk Matthews