Documentary & Journalism Reel (03-31-19)
Like Paige Brunsen

Published: March 31, 2019 0 0 232
By: Paige Brunsen, Columbia College Chicago
Hashtags: #Adobe #adobeaftereffects #adobepremierepro #editingreel #Film #filmmaking #filmreel #Postproduction #Reel #videoreel

A compilation of a few projects that I have worked on highlighting my knowledge of editing softwares and cutting in the documentary and journalism genres! I was inspired by old fashioned film reels, so I incorporated the sounds of film and superimposed frames of a universal counting leader. The challenge in creating a reel stems from displaying many projects of varying lengths into an easily digestible short video, but I am pleased that this reel was able to encompass many different genres and projects. In these projects, I was the editor, so my responsibilities included collecting, organizing, and syncing footage, gathering sound effects, completing assembly, rough, and fine cuts, working on a sound mix, and refining the color of the footage. Occasionally, I also worked as a PA or videographer on set where I would record footage, adjust lighting, and assist the production team.