Highlights from Senior Year Art Projects
Like Kelso Antoine

Published: July 11, 2019 0 0 27
By: Kelso Antoine, Columbia College Chicago
Hashtags: #Art #Design #Drawing #Illustration #Painting #Watercolor #Watercolorpaint

Throughout my senior year, which mostly consisted of constantly creating and spewing out new concepts for water color pieces as well as exploring different mediums, I have learned a variety of ways to better improve my work, as well as new ways of gaining inspiration for projects by slightly shifting my perspective of the world around me. Working on water color projects has taught me the divine importance of how patience and attention to detail can vastly contribute to an overall better project. Taking the bold risk of working with new mediums, such as charcoal, has shown the the beauty of abstract and how to better translate the overall vision of what our eyes see onto paper. These projects in particular, in which I drew inspiration from the simplest things around me, such as the elements of the earth, have taught me the many aspects that go into creating a great art piece, and that no matter how hard you work, a great artist will never truly be satisfied with their final project because of their constant desire to better themselves and their work.