Standard 2: Forces and Developmental Periods
Like Faith Walter

• No attachments yet

Faith is still working on this project.

Published: June 19, 2019 0 0 14
By: Faith Walter, Columbia College Chicago

The projects that I related to this standard allowed me to explain the extent and manner in which biological, psychological, social, and environmental forces affect at-risk and diverse children/youth during developmental periods. Exploring this standard has allowed me to understand how children that I work with are affected by different forces in their lives and how these forces affect them differently in each developmental period. As a special educator who works with students of multiple grade levels, I have gained a deeper understanding of what I should expect developmentally from each of my students based upon the developmental period in which they are currently located. In artifact 1, I identify milestones in the Early Childhood period of development. I describe the milestones and discuss how biological, psychological, social, and environmental forces affect at-risk and diverse children during this developmental period. In artifact 2, I identify milestones in the Middle Early Childhood period of development. I describe the milestones and discuss how biological, psychological, social, and environmental forces affect at-risk and diverse children during this developmental period.