Manifest Urban Arts Festival Promotional Video
Like Paige Brunsen

Published: March 12, 2019 0 0 23
By: Paige Brunsen, Columbia College Chicago
Hashtags: #Editing #Film #Marketing #Postproduction #Project #Promo #Promotional #promotionaladvertising #Shortfilm #Student #studentvideo #Video

This was the first promotional video I created for Manifest Urban Arts Festival as a part of my internship with Student Activities. My goal was to produce a short video easily digestible on social media that would get Columbia College Chicago students excited for opportunities during the festival. Additionally, this video's purpose was to introduce the 2019 theme of Manifest: 'Amplify.' Through working on this video, I learned how to manage large amounts of footage--I was given many hours of archival video from past Manifests--and select the best applicable shots. Facing the challenge of keeping the video around one minute in length, especially because Instagram only supports a minute's worth of video, I worked diligently on only using necessary and interesting shots. Working with the Manifest Marketing Assistant, the video was uploaded to the Manifest Urban Arts Festival Instagram and Facebook accounts, as well as distributed in the student body email newsletters. The video was met with positive remarks from students.