Memories - Short Film
Like Brett Davidson

Memories - Short Film

Memories - Short Film

Published: May 5, 2019 0 0 191
By: Brett Davidson, Columbia College Chicago
Hashtags: #cinema #CinemaandTelevision #cinemamajor #CinematicEssay #Cinematography #Creativewriting #Documentary #Film #foundfootage #memories #Movie #Production #Project #Shortfilm #Snow #studentfilm #studentfilms #Video #Winter

"Memories" is a short cinematic essay by myself and edited by Dylan Turcott. Filmed for the class, Cinematic Essay, at Columbia College Chicago, the piece incorporates found footage, voiceover, and new footage to convey a message.

Based by a personal memory of mine, and inspired by the Chicago winter, the piece compares snow to the idea of memories and how one views them in a reflective state.

The film taught me many things. I learned how to plan ahead, scheduling shoot days for scenes dependent on the weather. The experience also taught me how to adapt to unpredictable circumstances.

Since the film revolved around snow, shooting sections of the film became very difficult due to the available month lacking snow fall. I wasn't able to get all of the desired shots I had planned, so I compromised by using found footage along with the shots I was able to get myself.

The final product is a piece that I think has some nice shots and well structured voiceover. However, the piece is lacking the initial shots I had in mind. Because of this, the film is something I will continue to perfect as time goes on.

Tagged Teammates:

• Dylan Turcott