MTTS 6
Like Faith Walter

MTTS 6

MTTS 6

Published: June 17, 2019 0 0 5
By: Faith Walter, Columbia College Chicago

Maryland Teacher Technology Standard 6

I collaborated with Assistive Technology specialists in my school district to determine the best Assistive Technology tools to help one of my special education students with Congenital Muscular Dystrophy and physical limitations access the general education curriculum. I added the Assistive Technology supports to the Supplementary Aids, Services, and Program Modifications page on the student's IEP and ensured that the Assistive Technology was provided for the student on a daily basis as outlined on the IEP.

I worked with an Assistive Technology specialist in my school district to ensure that my special education student was able to use her Assistive Technology device by putting keyboard shortcuts into place. I ensured that the handout traveled with my student and her Assistive Technology device so that the student and any teacher or assistant who was working with her would be able to use the device so that the student could complete assignments and access the curriculum. I also provided an informal training for those who work with Selena to show them how to use the device and the shortcuts.