My Resume

Published: April 2, 2020 0 0 115
By: Marcia Eastmond, Columbia College Chicago

1. Name all the sections listed on the resume.
--Summary, Education, Awards, Experience. (I believe I answered this correctly.)

2. What skills are listed on the resume.
--I don't have a skill section, but my skills that my resume show are organization, problem-solving, communications, photography, writing, editing, event planning, etc.

3. What do you have in common with the skills listed?
I have skills in Microsoft and social media. I don't do graphic design, but I have experience with it from the past. I will not be completely lost if I have relearn that skill. I can multi-task and pay great attention to detail. I also laugh at myself all the time. I believe I have all the skills that the job description is asking for.

JOB DESCRIPTION (Please note that I had to use a different job posting because I missed the deadline of the original jobs I searched.)

Program interns work closely with all CHRP staff and consultants in an effort to make the
programs the best they can be. The Summer internship runs from Late May/Early June through
Aug. Interns will help with advance coordination of Stomping Grounds, assist with planning for
Rhythm World, and work at the American Rhythm Center, among other projects.
Chicago Human Rhythm Project Performing Arts Administrative Intern
Company Status: Nonprofit Organization – Performing Arts/Arts Education
Compensation: $1,200 stipend, plus limited classes at Rhythm World summer
festival
Hours: 24-32 hours/week, additional hours during programs
*must be available to work 32+ hours during the summer
festival
Start / End Dates: late May or early June through late August 2020, exact dates
negotiable Application Deadline: Open/Ongoing
Company and Internship Information
Chicago Human Rhythm Project is the nation’s largest and only year-round presenter of
American tap and contemporary percussive arts. We are seeking interns to assist us with the
coordination of several major programs along with overall office administration, marketing, and
fundraising. This internship is best-suited for candidates that are looking for a high level of
responsibility and independence. Interns must be adept at communication and be able to
follow through independently on important and detailed projects. This is an excellent
opportunity to “own” several large-scale projects and make significant contributions, while
learning about the operations of an arts presentation and education organization.
PROGRAM: Rhythm World Summer Festival (July 22-28, 2019)
CHRP’s annual summer festival of tap is the world’s oldest, largest, and most comprehensive
tap and percussive dance festival. Intern responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
marketing assistance, corresponding with guest artists, corresponding with other organizations,
making travel and hotel arrangements for artists, inputting registration data and generating
reports. Interns will also be expected to provide major operational support during festival week
and, in return, will receive concentrated experience in managing a large-scale education and
performance program.
PROGRAM: American Rhythm Center (Ongoing)
The American Rhythm Center (ARC) is a collaborative space that houses over 30 community
based dance groups, companies and independent artists. The mission of the ARC is to create
sustainability in art-making by way of arts education. Additionally, the ARC aims to offer
diverse, high-quality dance/movement and music classes to the general public in a
professionally managed environment. Interns will be asked to assist with developing and
implementing marketing initiatives, managing client relationships, database maintenance,
facilitating space rentals, and communicating with community partners & affiliate
organizations.
PROGRAM: Stomping Grounds
STOMPING GROUNDS is a two-month, City-wide festival presented in distinct communities
throughout Chicago showcasing many of the city’s most accomplished percussive dance
companies. Interns may assist with 2020 long-lead tasks including venue and artist negotiation
and management. Interns may also participate in post-mortem work for the 2019 festival.
Qualifications:
MUST BE A College Junior, Senior, or in the process of applying to be/currently a graduate
student (Arts
administration, arts management, communications, marketing, nonprofit management, or
performing arts
majors preferred)
Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, social media savvy, and graphic design a plus
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Ability to multi-task*
Attention to detail*
Sense of humor
Send resume and cover letter to: Jeff Cheng
Email: jcheng@chicagotap.org

*=skills I emphasized in my resume