Popsicle Cat
Like Valhalla Villarreal

Popsicle Cat

Popsicle Cat

Published: October 24, 2019 0 0 44
By: Valhalla Villarreal, Columbia College Chicago
Hashtags: #Adobe #Art #Design #GraphicDesign #Illustrator #Photoshop

This Popsicle Cat was inspired by my favorite artist Mahoukarp after I saw the adorable animal Popsicle they drew. Originally I drew the Popsicle Cat with a chocolate brown color, but I soon realizing that Popsicle Cat appeared very plain. I also realized that the eyes felt off, as well as the ears. Popsicle Cat was plain and didn't resemble enough of a cat. After searching around on the internet for references I found that cute animal faces often have the eyes very close to the muzzle for a cartoon style, cute effect. For detail I added in the whipcream with a cherry on top, pink blush, chocolate chips, and let the chocolate drip off of the vanilla. I had trouble creating the pink ribbon and had to trace quite a bit in order to accomplish the effect I was going for. I learned that it's the little details such as rounded ears, the shadows on a ribbon, and little pieces of decoration that really produce a unique and cute animal. The Popsicle Cat was created for a non profit writing website, I help run called warriorcatclans2.freeforums.net