Professional Standards for Educational Leaders
Like Jonathan Robinson

Published: December 1, 2019 0 0 108
By: Jonathan Robinson, Goucher College
Hashtags: #1 #Education #Leadership #Teacher

PSEL Standard 1a: Implement a Mission and Vision Introduction
The artifact was completed in ED 671 during the 2018 Fall semester. The artifact serves as both a reflection of and a testament to my core beliefs as an educator and as a leader. In follow- up#1 of that course, I created both a mission and vision statement based on the core values that I articulated. In part C of that follow-up, I had to discuss how a developed plan would help implement the mission and vision statements that I created. The plan aligned to standard one as it develops a school-wide plan that is based on the academic success and well-being of all students. It also incorporates ways in which the plan will be shared with both school and community members.

Standard 1a: Implement a Mission and Vision Reflection
The development of follow-up #1 allowed me to analyze and assess my own core values as an educational leader and to develop a comprehensive program that would ensure that those core values are reflected in the mission and vision statements of a school that promotes the academic success and well-being of all students. From this assignment, I learned that it is important for an educational leader to have intimate knowledge of the demographics of the student population so that data can be incorporated into the core values, mission, and vision statements of the school. Once data has been analyzed and the statements have been written, it is important that the educational leader is able to share those statements with all stakeholders, but also seek advice and work collaboratively with faculty members and community leaders to ensure that the mission and vision statements reflect the collective beliefs of the school and community and that it is being carried out on a consistently. It is also important to understand that as an educational leader, it is your responsibility to adjust the mission and vision statements as needed. Any changes must be shared with stakeholders to ensure the accuracy of the statements based on the changing demographics of the population.