Professional Standards for Educational Leaders
Like Jonathan Robinson

Published: December 1, 2019 0 0 144
By: Jonathan Robinson, Goucher College
Hashtags: #9 #9b #College #Education #Leadership #Teaching

PSEL #9b: Know, Comply with, and Help the Community Understand Laws, Rights, Policies and Regulations Introduction
The various case studies presented in ED 646 during the summer of 2019 helped to bridge an understanding between specific incidences in both the private and public school sectors with constitutional rights, laws, and financial responsibilities of school systems. The case studies required in-depth analyses of specific cases and the rules and laws that dictated the outcome of each.

PSEL #9b: Know, Comply with, and Help the Community Understand Laws, Rights, Policies and Regulations Reflection
The case studies presented in ED 646 allowed me to better understand the role of government in education and the boundaries and restrictions that are set in place for the protection of both students and faculty members. The case studies also helped me to better understand the policies and procedures that are set in place when a school system has to endure the legal process of various cases. As a future educational leader, the knowledge gained from this class will help me to understand what legal procedures are warranted when specific situations arise. In addition, the course helped me to understand what legal protections are available for faculty, students and administrators. This artifact aligns with PSEL #9 as the material helps with compliance of local, state and national laws to promote student success.