Professional Standards for Educational Leaders
Like Jonathan Robinson

Published: December 1, 2019 0 0 117
By: Jonathan Robinson, Goucher College
Hashtags: #1 #Education #Leadership #Teaching

PSEL Standard 1c: Review and Adjust School Mission and Vision Introduction
This artifact is from ED 653, taken during the Fall semester of 2019. The artifact, follow-up #1, was designed to help me understand what my own philosophy of great leadership is and to juxtapose that to the philosophies of colleagues. The artifact also demonstrated the connections between my own philosophy of effective leadership and my core beliefs as an educator.

PSEL Standard 1c: Review and Adjust School Mission and Vision Introduction Reflection
The artifact demonstrated the connections between my educational philosophy and my leadership philosophy. As it aligns to PSEL #1, the responses of colleagues who were interviewed demonstrated their own views of leadership and what roles and responsibilities should be assigned to leaders. In addition, the interviews reveal what expectations members of a school community have for their leadership. As an aspiring educational leader, it was interesting to see what commonalities there were related to those expectations. Faculty members expect leaders to be culturally sensitive, supportive, responsive and adaptable. Educational leaders have to demonstrate both innovation and sternness. Innovation when implementing new initiatives and sternness when making the tough decisions that will impact both educators and students.