Professional Standards for Educational Leaders
Like Jonathan Robinson

Published: April 3, 2020 0 0 110
By: Jonathan Robinson, Goucher College
Hashtags: #2a #4 #Academics #Education #Leadership #Teaching

PSEL #2a: Budget Assignment Introduction
This artifact was created in ED 671 during the Fall 2018 semester. The assignment was the fourth follow-up in my School Improvement Leadership class. The artifact demonstrates my ability to create a school budget and allocate funds to the appropriate activities and resources. The budget was created for the fictional James Madison Elementary School and was designed to determine how much a program would cost to help close achievement gaps on district tests.

PSEL #2a: Budget Assignment Rationale
As I am not a numbers person, Follow Up #4 of ED 671 helped me to understand how to disseminate funds that are provided to a school by a district. The assignment allowed me to see how money is divided among the various activities and resources that contributes to the academic growth of a student population. In addition, Follow-Up #4 of ED 671 taught me how to properly manage funds so that each dollar amount is accounted for and used properly. It also helps to keep track of what funds are left during a given school year. As a principal, one of the main responsibilities that I will have is that of fiscal management. Practicing this management with this assignment builds assurance and confidence that I will be able to effectively manage a school budget so that my students get adequate funding for the activities and resources that they need to be successful. This artifact aligns to Professional Standards for Educational Leaders 2a because the principal must act in an ethical and professional manner when he/she is utilizing the school’s resources for the betterment of each child.