Professional Standards for Educational Leaders
Like Jonathan Robinson

Published: April 3, 2020 0 0 94
By: Jonathan Robinson, Goucher College
Hashtags: #2 #2c #3 #Academics #Education #Leadership #Teaching

PSEL #2c: ED 653 Memo from Follow-Up #2 and #3 Introduction
The two artifacts were from two assignments completed in ED 653 during the Spring of 2019. The two assignments represent observations that were conducted on two teachers by me. The two observations include both quantitative and qualitative measures that I collected that demonstrates observable data that would be used towards a teacher's feedback. The memos that are embedded in the two assignments are the feedback that I gave to each based on their performances.
PSEL #2c: ED 653 Memo from Follow-Up #2 and #3 Rationale
These two activities really gave me insight into what the full observation process is and how to conduct an observation from an administrative perspective. The observation itself helped me gain an understanding of different teaching styles and how teachers plan and execute lessons that are designed to teach students the skills and standards mandated by a school system. Moreover, the observations gave me an understanding of the strategies and resources that teachers utilize to help them reach students. In addition, observations help me to recognize any inherent biases or use of equitable practices in a teacher’s pedagogy. The memos serve as a thank you to the teacher, recognition of his/her strengths and recommendations for continual teacher development. These two assignments align to PSEL #2c because it helped me build capacity as a leader by providing guiding recommendations and praise that serves to instill leadership in my own staff and also to help them continue to grow as both a person and as a teacher.