Professional Standards for Educational Leaders
Like Jonathan Robinson

Published: April 5, 2020 0 0 103
By: Jonathan Robinson, Goucher College
Hashtags: #7b #Academics #Education #Leadership #Teaching

PSEL #7b Leadership Management Activities Introduction:
The artifacts represent the numerous leadership activities that I have participated in through the 2019-2020 school year. They encompass the months of September 2019 through March 2020. These artifacts represent the various things that I have done to build my capacity as a leader. Obviously, they serve as learning experiences for me to develop existing skills or to acquire new ones. They also serve as a way for me to reflect on errors that I have made so that I can make attempts to correct them.
PSEL #7b Leadership Management Activities Rationale:
Through the various activities, I have been able to build my leadership capacity. Whether it is leading a team meeting, assigning duties and responsibilities to faculty members, or co-sponsoring the Student Government Association, these activities reflect the contributions that I have made to the school community. As I have engaged in more leadership activities, I have been allowed to share my own vision of what education looks like with my colleagues. This helps to bridge mutual accountability in all whom I encounter through guidance and through example. These activities also helped me to interact with students beyond the teacher-student relationship. This has allowed me to serve as a mentor, adviser and confidant for student with whom I may have, otherwise, never interacted. These activities align to PSEL #7b because they demonstrate my willingness to develop the capacity of myself, my colleagues and to ensure the success of our students.