Professional Standards for Educational Leaders
Like Jonathan Robinson

Published: April 5, 2020 0 0 87
By: Jonathan Robinson, Goucher College
Hashtags: #7c #Academics #Education #Leadership #Teaching

PSEL #7c Schoology Groups Introduction:
The artifact reflects the various Schoology groups in which I am a member. The artifacts reflect my most current groups, which would represent this academic year. Some of the groups I administer while others I do not. While I have a greater influence over the groups in which I administrate, I am still able to offer valuable input to those groups in which I am just a member that could offer solutions to problems and guide fellow colleagues.
PSEL #7c Schoology Groups Rationale:
The groups in Schoology represents an extension of the professional learning community within Baltimore County Public Schools. The various groups represent both district groups and school groups in which I am a part. These groups are a way for me to collaborate with colleagues. These interactions continue my professional growth through a digital platform. Whether it is posing questions, seeking solutions or developing innovative ways to engage students, these platforms generate opportunities to help and to work with others so that continual evaluation of resources and continual professional growth occurs. Schoology groups also offer a way to interact with students. This engagement with students further fosters relationships in a way that reflects one of the ways in which they learn: through digital media. Through the internet, I can include resources and tools that can stimulate student achievement and growth. For example, through my mentoring group, I can offer further guidance to my mentees that is essential to their social-emotional development. These groups and my participation in them, align to PSEL #7c because they are an opportunity for me to collaborate and to analyze professional resources with colleagues.