Professional Standards for Educational Leaders
Like Jonathan Robinson

Published: April 20, 2020 0 0 77
By: Jonathan Robinson, Goucher College
Hashtags: #10c #Academics #Education #Leadership #Teaching

PSEL #10c Creating School-based Professional Development Introduction:
The document for this artifact is a PowerPoint from a professional development in which I participated. It is from June of 2019. The artifact was designed to help participants lead school-based professional development based on the needs to novice teachers. The workshop also addressed how to make workshops engaging, how to work with adult learners and how to complete and submit a proposal for new teacher workshops.
PSEL #10c Creating School-based Professional Development Rationale:
The experience of participating in this workshop helped me to build my leadership capacity in several ways. One way in which it helped me is that it taught me the difference between how adults and adolescents learn. For instance, adults learn best when they have continual reflection of best practices, consistent support, opportunities to provide their own input, learning that is connect to past knowledge and collegiate engagement to problem-solve career related issues. While I have been working with children and adults for years, this professional development taught me how to engage colleagues to meet their needs through guiding and leading. It also has taught me how to write proposals that articulate the needs of new teachers and the reasons why they need support. In addition, those articulated proposals make the argument that targeted professional development is needed to improve the pedagogy of each teacher who desires to participate. This artifact aligns to PSEL #10c because the workshops help to provide opportunities for innovation, inquiry and experimentation through guided leadership.