Professional Standards for Educational Leaders
Like Jonathan Robinson

Published: December 1, 2019 0 0 134
By: Jonathan Robinson, Goucher College
Hashtags: #4 #4a #College #Education #Leadership #Teaching

PSEL #4a: Implement Systems of Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment Introduction
The artifact was completed in ED 681 during the Spring 2019 semester. The purpose of the artifact was to design curriculum that was both culturally responsive and was differentiated to meet the needs of all students. The artifact reflected theory and research, curriculum development models, multiple intelligences and Dimensions of Learning. The artifact also allowed me to demonstrate my understanding of budgeting by developing a proposed budget that included an understanding of all materials and their costs that would be needed to successfully implement the curriculum.

PSEL #4a: Implement Systems of Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment Reflection
As an educational leader, it is important to understand how the curricula of content areas reflects the mission and vision of a school building and system. In addition, the development of curricula needs to incorporate the specific design dimensions of scope, sequence, integration, continuity, vertical and horizontal articulation, and balance. The creation of this artifact allowed me to further develop my understanding of the design process by integrating each into a developed curriculum. An analysis of the curriculum development models was also a way for me to demonstrate my understanding of research and theory by incorporating models that are conducive to best practices and strategies. Incorporation of multiple intelligences, higher-level thinking and Universal Design for Learning helped to ensure that the designed curriculum would be implemented with fidelity. The artifact aligns to PSEL standard #4 because it connects to the mission and vision of my school and promotes cultural diversity while allowing students to engage and access materials and tools that addresses their individual learning styles and needs.