Professional Standards for Educational Leaders
Like Jonathan Robinson

Published: December 1, 2019 0 0 123
By: Jonathan Robinson, Goucher College
Hashtags: #4b #College #Education #Leadership #Teaching

PSEL #4b: Ensure Instructional Practice that is Differentiated and Personalized Introduction
The artifact was produced in ED 681 during the Spring 2019 semester. The artifact was designed to analyze how a specific curriculum was developed based on: design models, research and theories, design dimensions, and overall organization of the curriculum. The analysis also needed to include a discussion of learning activities that were present, what aspects of diversity were integrated, what differentiation was present and whether the curriculum connects to the mission and vision of my school.

PSEL #4b: Ensure Instructional Practice that is Differentiated and Personalized Reflection
This project allowed me to deconstruct a curriculum designed by Baltimore County Public Schools and to determine if the curriculum is a viable one based on the research and theory that was learned throughout ED 681. Through a critique of the curriculum, I was able to conclude what matters are important to the school system when it relates to student learning and outcomes. The analysis also took into account the resources that would be needed and what, if any, professional development would be needed to implement the curriculum. Any foreseen issues related to sensitive material was also included in the analysis of the curriculum. This project helped me to further determine the best way to help teachers implement any curriculum with fidelity as I am better able to survey curricula through a leadership lens.