Professional Standards for Educational Leaders
Like Jonathan Robinson

Published: December 1, 2019 0 0 137
By: Jonathan Robinson, Goucher College
Hashtags: #6 #6a #College #Education #Leadership #Teaching

PSEL #6a: Recruit, Hire, Support, Develop, and Retain Effective and Caring Teachers Introduction
The artifact was developed in ED 674A during the Fall 2019 semester. While the artifact was developed during this time, I have served as a teacher mentor for Towson University students since 2014-2015 school year. The experience of serving as a mentor to Towson University students is a way for me to share my own pedagogical knowledge to students who can interpret my understanding so that if fits their own needs.
PSEL #6a: Recruit, Hire, Support, Develop, and Retain Effective and Caring Teachers Reflection
The responsibility of being a teacher mentor to university students is such that it requires knowledge of a specific content area, knowledge of policies and procedures of local and national education organizations and an understanding of student learning. As a teacher mentor, it is my responsibility develop caring teachers who are academically and professionally competent. Through continual feedback, observations, modeling, communication and analysis, I am able to address the needs of my student interns so that they develop into teachers who are ready to face the feat of the task at hand. This relates to PSEL #6 as in this role, I am developing the future of education.