Professional Standards for Educational Leaders
Like Jonathan Robinson

Published: December 1, 2019 0 0 151
By: Jonathan Robinson, Goucher College
Hashtags: #6b #College #Education #Leadership #Teaching

PSEL #6b: Deliver Feedback through Supervision and Evaluation Systems that Support the Development of Teachers Introduction
This artifact is from November of 2019. The purpose of the activity is to learn from educators both within your school building and from educators outside of your school building. The learning walk that was conducted took place at a feeder elementary school. The activity is designed for educators to gain insight into how other teachers implement pedagogical strategies and activities to a diverse group of students.

PSEL #6b: Deliver Feedback through Supervision and Evaluation Systems that Support the Development of Teachers Reflection
The artifact is a strategy that is used to help educators gain insight into the operations of educators both within their school building and in external buildings. The purpose of a learning walk is to understand how pedagogical practices are implemented in the classroom and to determine their effectiveness. As a conducted the learning walk, I was able to see how teachers of elementary aged students design and implement curriculum for students whom I will eventually interact with once they matriculate into middle school. This enabled me to see what strategies I should embrace and which ones I should avoid when working with my own students. Each learning walk has a specific focus; it is that focus that allows me to better analyze how the teacher implements best practices and what affect those strategies have on the students.

Attachments:

Learning Walk Artifact.docx 657.7 KB