PSEL Standard Artifact 7.C
Like Jill Jahries

PSEL Standard Artifact 7.C

PSEL Standard Artifact 7.C

Published: April 15, 2020 0 0 58
By: Jill Jahries, Goucher College
Hashtags: #Leadership #ProfessionalDevelopment

PSEL Standard Artifact 7.C
These artifacts include a flyer for an upcoming professional development learning opportunity for school counselors, social workers and school psychologists in Baltimore County as well as a brochure from the Baltimore County Association of Counseling and Development (BCACD). I am the former president and current treasurer of this organization. Our primary purpose is to provide professional learning opportunities for school counselors throughout the school year. During a recent monthly meeting the BCACD board members determined that counselors would appreciate and benefit from counseling strategies to support student needs in our new tele-therapy environment. We worked together to identify a presenter, coordinate a date and determine price and payment details. As the treasurer, I will pay the presenter and collect and note any membership dues. All members of BCACD can attend our professional development presentations at no cost throughout the year. This is our 4th presentation this school year. These artifacts demonstrate my competency with PSEL Standard 7C because my leadership role with BCACD allows me to collaborate with other school counselors to provide opportunities for professional learning specifically designed for school counselors. This professional organization supports and encourages the on-going professional learning of our school counselors so that their programming can, in turn, have a positive impact on each student’s academic success and well-being.