PSEL Standard Artifact 8.A
Like Jill Jahries

PSEL Standard Artifact 8.A

PSEL Standard Artifact 8.A

Published: April 15, 2020 0 0 59
By: Jill Jahries, Goucher College
Hashtags: #Leadership #ProfessionalDevelopment

PSEL Standard Artifact 8.A
These artifacts reflect my role as the liaison for Mental Health Partnerships at Ridgely Middle School (RMS). It my responsibility to coordinate and verify annual contracts between the BCPS Office of Health Services and our school with specified approved mental health partners. We currently have three mental health partnerships. One artifact highlights an example of annual agreement. A second artifact is an example of a referral form to be used by school personnel when referring a student for mental health services. The third artifact was created by me so that the provider and school personnel have the necessary contact information for each organization. There is one therapist assigned from each agency and I am the point person for questions, scheduling and feedback related to services. In the summer, I completed and submitted all required documentation. At the start of the year, I put together an email and folder for each agency in the counseling area highlighting who in our building can refer, the referral process for each agency and points of contact for each agency. In addition, I coordinated the days of the week and space where the therapist can see students. Last year, the therapists often ended up using office spaces or jumping around from office to office for therapy sessions. This year, in collaboration with our staff, an official office was established for our therapists. Data is collected throughout the year, and I will complete a survey assessing the partnerships at the end of the school year after collaborating with my school based team on outcomes for students for the year. This activity supported the development of PSEL Standard 8A because it allowed me to interact with community resources to meet the mental health needs of students during the school day. As the liaison, I am able to create and sustain positive relationships with community partners and with families who may be having difficulty securing mental health supports for their children outside of school or have barriers with transportation or schedules outside of the school day that prohibit a student from accessing mental health supports outside of the school day. These critical supports promote the well-being of each student.