Reflection for PSEL Standard 1
Like Kate Anderson

Reflection for PSEL Standard 1

Reflection for PSEL Standard 1

• No attachments yet

Kate is still working on this project.

Published: November 3, 2019 0 0 119
By: Kate Anderson, Goucher College

The true backbone to any organization can be found in its vision and mission statements. An effective educational leader collaborates with all stakeholders to develop a shared vision that matches the organization’s core values. When an effective educational leader advocates and enacts a shared mission and vision that represent the school’s core values, they stay focused on the plan and goals set for a high-quality education for every student.
My artifacts support the importance of creating a shared vision, while being the advocate and model to create a positive school culture, through frequent review and adjustments, to provide high-quality education and academic success and well-being to each student. My first artifact is when I supported a school in writing their vision-aligned School Progress Plan. My second artifact is a presentation in which I led a school staff through new learning that aligned to their vision and core values for effective small group instruction to provide high-quality education to all students. My third artifact is a data analysis protocol that I led teachers through in order to review and make changes to instructional decisions aligned to our school’s vision and goals.
I believe Standard 1 can make me an effective leader by staying grounded in our school’s core values, going back to the vision and mission to drive future decisions and most importantly, revise and make needed changes to challenge the status quo to continue to be the advocate for all students’ academic success and well-being.