Reflections
Like Sasha Spallina

Reflections

Reflections

Published: March 9, 2019 1 0 13
By: Sasha Spallina, Columbia College Chicago
Hashtags: #Architecture #Art #buildings #Photo #Photograph #Photography #Sky

In this project I began shooting in Manual mode on my Canon Rebel t6 DSLR. This allowed me to choose a combination of ISO, Aperture and Shutter Speed to best suit and expose my photos. I also manually focused each image.

I was able to choose my subject matter. In a previous assignment exploring angle of view and focal length, I realized my passion for shooting architecture. Expanding on that, I shot the buildings that most interested me. What was unexpected was the reflections that appeared in the windows in each one. I began noticing how I could play with that in fun and interesting ways. My photography allows me to reflect on myself as well as the subject matter I choose to shoot. It is a win win.

Of course, I got many shots that were either over or under exposed, unfocused or just needed work in composition. I was able to study those to figure out what I might be able to do best next time.

Each image is edited in Lightroom. This also allowed me to work on and improve my Lightroom knowledge and skills.

Likers

Alexis Alcorta