Run from me
Like Luiza Vale

Run from me

Run from me

Published: September 1, 2018 0 0 219
By: Luiza Vale, Columbia College Chicago
Hashtags: #directing #directingothers #Editing #editingskills #editingvideo #edition #Film #Production #Project #Shortfilm #Video

My second short film “Run from Me”, also written and directed by me, shows the relationship between a couple introduced as a domestic abuse case. However, as the story progresses we see that they both share the trade of violence – shown by each in different situations. In this short, my main objective was to make the light darker, but also smooth, assuming the part of a revealing source. The editing was done through the beat of the chosen song almost as a music montage, but with a narrative.

Through the experience of developing two shorts and assisting in eight others, I became more aware of the aspects that need improvement and the ones that I thrive. Since my first step towards filmmaking was editing, I have become more experience in that task. With more than 5 years of practice, I am more comfortable when experimenting with different cuts and beats, and am also able to create post-production coloring.