Standard 1A
Like Kate Anderson

Standard 1A

Standard 1A

Published: November 2, 2019 0 0 123
By: Kate Anderson, Goucher College

The artifact I have selected for PSEL Standard 1a. is a School Progress Plan (SPP) that was created in alignment with a school’s vision and mission. During the summer of 2019, I supported the school as the English Language Arts Office representative along with the schools’ school improvement team. I had worked with this school for 2 year and was well-versed in their data and goals. In order to design an improvement plan, we started with reviewing their vision of “We will build a school family by intentionally cultivating positive relationships with all stakeholders through collaboration and family support services. We will ensure all students receive customizes and responsive instruction that is data driven to promote life-long learning.” This artifact connects with PSEL Standard 1a. because the standard states the importance of implementing a shared vision for the school to develop and grow each child. As we learned in ED 671, a shared vision is not effective unless you create a plan and implement it. I was able to support this school in creating specific academic goals with manageable outcomes for their vision to come alive.

Attachments:

Artifact 1A.docx 85.5 KB