talk talk talk (improvisation song)
Like Paige Brunsen

talk talk talk (improvisation song)

talk talk talk (improvisation song)

Published: January 15, 2020 0 0 171
By: Paige Brunsen, Columbia College Chicago
Hashtags: #Editing #experimentalfilm #Film #Production #Shortfilm #Video

"talk talk talk (improvisation song)" is an experimental music video I directed and edited featuring a song of the same name by Liliana Otero. For this project, I really wanted to push my comfort zone (I am a person who favors structure and order), so I approached the music video with a focus on exploring what it could look like to not be in control. “talk talk talk (improvisation song)” caught my attention because it is entirely improvisational. Because of the song's lyrics, I thought it would be fitting and visually interesting to see multiple versions of Liliana interacting on screen. I created this by layering different clips of her dancing and compositing them. I chose longer segments, demonstrating the improvisational nature of the project, that seemed to dance with each other as one version of Liliana would move forward while another moved back. I also created a color scheme for the video by color grading Liliana into different monochromatic colors to again portray that she was talking to different versions of herself. These colors all fell within a color scheme of pastel reds, oranges, purples, and cyans that was also applied to the background. I am very happy with the finished product; it accurately visually demonstrates the nature of Liliana's song.

Tagged Teammates:

• Liliana Otero