The Colonie Intern Project
Like Sarah Pyne

The Colonie Intern Project

The Colonie Intern Project

Published: April 30, 2019 6 3 325
By: Sarah Pyne, Columbia College Chicago
Hashtags: #advertisemnt #AssessingCriticalThinking #Commercial #Editing #Film #Intern #Intern2Learn #Project #screenshot #Television #Video

This screenshot is from the intern project I completed at The Colonie. The bins I have open are of my active and archive sequences, to show how often I worked on the project. As you can see, I also have bins related to music, sound effects, the imported footage, and select footage (circle takes).

This project taught me a lot about how to make things work within certain constraints. I have not worked on any commercial projects before, and on my first few edits I found it rather difficult to meet the 30 second goal (the timelines say they are 40 seconds because of the 10 second slate/ countdown).

Towards the end of my internship, I had a mock edit session, for which one of the editors and one of the producers sat in with me and treated it like a real edit session with real clients. I have worked with student directors before, but this felt different and more stressful, but it was a good experience to be able to have.

Likers

Brian Socall Erik Friedman Rebecca Reuland Etholia Holmes Jennifer Halperin Dirk Matthews