"The Distance" Experimental Narrative Short Film
Like Paige Brunsen

Published: March 24, 2019 0 0 198
By: Paige Brunsen, Columbia College Chicago
Hashtags: #Adobe #adobepremierepro #ChicagoFeministFilmFestival #cinema #DigitalCinema #Editing #Experimental #experimentalshort #Film #filmediting #filmstudent #Postproduction #Shortfilm #Student #studentfilm #Video #Videoediting #VideoEditingAdobePremiere

"The Distance" is a non-dialogue experimental short film exploring the ups and downs of long distance relationships. During production, I assisted with the project as a PA. My major role occurred during post-production, as I was the editor. I learned a lot about experimental editing and playing with time in working on this film. At first, the piece was cut chronologically, but then the director and I decided to play around with the storyline and create a non-linear experimental narrative. Before this film, I had only cut one other experimental project, so I welcomed the challenge of creating this experimental short. I am proud of the final product for this film, especially because it was selected to screen in the Chicago Feminist Film Festival in February of 2019.

Tagged Teammates:

• Kiki Lam