The Good Of Chicago: Humboldt Park
Like El Concepcion

The Good Of Chicago: Humboldt Park

The Good Of Chicago: Humboldt Park

Published: August 17, 2020 0 0 65
By: El Concepcion, Columbia College Chicago
Hashtags: #Documentary #Editing #Film #Shortfilm #Video

The Good Of Chicago: Humboldt park is a film about the history and making of the Puerto Rican Parade in Chicago. It won Best Student Documentary at the Latino Film Market in NYC, and was selected for Cine Campus in Puerto Rico, and Chicago OnScreen's films in the park event/festival.

The Good Of Chicago: Humboldt park is a project that I hold very close to my heart because of the connections I made while making the film, and because of how close the topic is to me. I hope to eventually make "The Good Of Chicago" into a series.

I'm Puerto Rican, and I grew up in Humboldt Park, so it felt very natural to start this possible web series in the neighborhood I grew up in. I feel that even if "The Good Of Chicago" doesn't become a web series, that at least this film will hopefully serve as a history lesson to young Puerto Ricans and that it'll show them that we do have a claim to space here in Chicago. That we have our history rooted here in Humboldt Park, that that we should always be proud of our resilience.

Click here to watch the full documentary.