Trust The Process
Like JoJo Scanlon

Trust The Process

Trust The Process

Published: January 1, 2019 0 0 216
By: JoJo Scanlon, Columbia College Chicago
Hashtags: #Editing #Film #Production #Project #Shortfilm #Video

Trust The Process is an experimental film I made for my first-semester foundations class. The movie focuses on an unnamed protagonist trying to find inspiration for their next project. The film paralleled how I was feeling during production; in my foundations class, there was constant pressure to make one film after the next and this competitive, rushed, and sloppy way of making movies drained me. I didn't have any ideas I wanted to pursue, so I thought I'd be better off making a movie about not being able to have the energy to make one!
Everything production-wise was done by yours truly, with the exception of my amazing actor and some help with French translation. The biggest lesson I learned from this project was that I need to take time with projects and not just do them with the sole intent of just getting some work out. Film, in my opinion, is still an art form and with great art comes lots of research and time that goes into it. I need to keep that lesson at the core of what I do!