YBN Cordae - Life is Dope (Docuseries)
Like Nikos Paschalis

YBN Cordae - Life is Dope (Docuseries)

YBN Cordae - Life is Dope (Docuseries)

Published: October 19, 2019 1 0 219
By: Nikos Paschalis, Columbia College Chicago
Hashtags: #AssessingCriticalThinking #Documentary #Editing #Film #Marketing #music_video #Production #Project #recap #Tour #tourandtravel #touring #Video

I shot, edited and directed a docuseries for the Grammy-nominated artist YBN Cordae while on a two-month tour with him across North America and Europe. This video was produced by his label, Art at War, and Atlantic Records. I was the creator of the "Life Is Good" concept for this webisode series that launched on his Youtube channel.
I was in complete creative control of this video except for notes of feedback I applied from the artist himself in the edit.
We were inspired by other tour webisode series that rap artists have put out, and I was specifically inspired by creators such as Levi Turner and Ben Hagarty. I learn how to work under pressure during time constraints and while traveling. Additionally, I learned to go with the flow of things and just run-n-gun improvise the shoot while still shooting with the edit in mind. It was challenging juggling the travel, lack of sleep, and constant shooting with the quick edit turnaround but the results paid off.

Likers

Nikos Paschalis